Thursday, July 5, 2012

What’ere my God ordains is right…


…His Holy will abideth,
I will be still what’ere He does,
And Follow where He guideth.
He is my God,
Though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall
Wherefore to Him I leave it all.

…this song has been my theme lately. It’s been an emotional roller coaster preparing to go to Thailand. There have been plenty of moments crying out in anger to God, asking why He wants me in Thailand- doubting His care, provision, and desire for my good. There have been moments of disbelief, questioning how I, Kelly Jacoby, can truly help these women who have seen injustice and poverty like I have never known before. Yet there’s also been times of singing these lyrics, knowing that this is exactly where God wants me to be, and because of that, “though dark my road, He holds me that I shall not fall” and this is exactly where I need to be.

In one month I am boarding a plane to Thailand, a country I’ve never been, with a language I know three words of, and people who will hopefully soon become my close friends and community in a dark world.

But for that to happen, for me to board that plane in exactly one month, I need you. I need your prayers, because as things usually happen in my adventures, I am wondering if everything will come together and plans will really happen as they are supposed to. I have yet to secure a visa. Today I received the information on the people who will help me with this and am praying that it will come by August 5th.

I need your prayers:
·         Pray everything with my visa will go smoothly and it will come by August 5th.
·         Pray all the other details will come together- my plane tickets, my Cambodia visa for job training in my first two weeks…
·         Pray for me: that I can remain abiding in Christ and trusting in His cross, as I go through the emotions of getting ready to leave.

I also still need financial help. Thank you for everyone who has supported me already. I have been so blessed by the way God has been building up community and support around me. I ask that if you have not already supported, please consider donating financially.

Thank you all for doing this with me and joining my community. You are a blessing.

 …and please join me in singing this. Whatever our God ordains IS right

No comments:

Post a Comment