Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This time next week...

...I will be in Thailand! 


This past week my visa finally came and I officially bought my plane tickets...which means I will be leaving SOON! This Sunday, August 5th I will leave from Philadelphia and begin my journey to Thailand. Please continue to pray for me this week as I pack and get things ready. 


Also please continue to pray for me as I sort through the mixture of emotions and feelings as Sunday becomes closer and closer. After a weekend of celebration, prayers, and also many goodbyes, I have been struggling through the many opposing feelings of sadness, fear, anxiety, excitement, eagerness, confidence, etc. 


This morning I read in Acts 18: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." God knows we will fear. He knows my fears and my anxieties, but He doesn't promise to take them away. What He does promise is that He will be with me, and His presence is what will give me confidence and peace.


Rest in that with me this week and please pray with me as I get ready to leave in just a few days. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. Your words helped me too. God will be with you and He will hear your every need and provide.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete