Friday, September 28, 2012

Faithful.

Today I was reading from Ragamuffin Gospel and I read this line: 

"What makes us authentic disciples is not visions, ecstasies, biblical mastery of chapter and verse, or spectacular success in the ministry, but a capacity for faithfulness."

I've been learning that lately. Friday morning our team here at PSM (the YWAM center) talked about vision.  We read Habakkuk 2:2-3 which talks about remembering the visions God has given us. God promises that the visions He has given us will come. But the verse also says, "Though it linger, wait for it. It will certainly come and will not delay." God has given us all specific talents, and He gives us visions of what to do with the gifts we have. 

But sometimes we have to wait. Sometimes we wonder if we are making a difference, if the little things we do every day really matter. Sometimes we wonder, I've been wondering, when the vision in my heart will happen, when it will come. I've wondered if the path I'm on will really lead me to the life I really want, I really  long for. 

And in those moments, we are called to be faithful. We are to be faithful in the small moments, the mundane tasks, the times when it doesn't make sense...I am called to be faithful. 

I wanted to share with you what a day looks like for me- what my daily schedule looks like. But the problem is that rarely do my days look alike. So...here are some pictures to give you a glimpse of the last few weeks of my life here in Thailand: 




1 comment: